Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pretties Thursday: A Sketch Challenge

Are you ready for another challenge Paper Pretties' style? I thought so! This week's challenge is a sketch challenge. For the circles you can use a different shape if you want.

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC20 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique. P.S. I am really behind in picking winners for the challenges - my bad! But I will once work dies down a bit in a week or so! :)

For my sample I used Angel Sophia, the October Stamp of the Month. I kept the card rather simple but did manage to use a few fun items like the Build-A-Brads, squashed bottle cap and luscious new ribbon from SU!. The finished size is a 5" square. Ha - after my pumpkin card yesterday I had to do a square! :)

I used Copic markers to color Sophia - I really want a rich tone to her dress. I think I succeeded. :) The sentiment and snowflakes are from one of those Studio G dollar stamp sets. If I were to do this card over again I think I would do some embossing on the Chocolate Chip layer... it is just a bit to blah for me.

Here is a close up of the Build-A-Brads. Would you believe I have had these over a year and have only used a few of them? Yesh, I really need to go through my crafting supplies and find out what other goodies are hiding in there!

P.S. Forgive me but I can't remember the name of this designer paper! It is from Stampin' Up! and is retired.

Stamps: Angel Sophia (Paper Pretties), Studio G dollar stamps. Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Georgia Pacific white, SU! designer (retired). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, black, Copic markers (E00, E47, E57, R29, R59, G99, YG63, W2, 0, B00). Other: Antique Brass Build-A-Brad, squashed bottle cap (Yvonne Albritton Designs), Ribbon Originals - Alpine, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card! You always find a new twist. Your blog is one of my faves. I have really pared down my list, and your blog survived the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! here dress looks so flawless I thought it was paper pieced. FANTABULOUS JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll have to try the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sketch! Your sample is FANtastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks beautiful! I love this card, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card is beautiful!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen some gorgeous creations with this stamp, but I think this one tops my list! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Super fab card and sketch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful!! I love the image and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle, your card looks amazing!!! I love everything about it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)