Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: All in Green

Two weeks ago Jana challenged the Prettie Girls to make a monochromatic card. Just one color? Yikes! Well, I have a lot of shades of green so I decided to use that color. :)

Now it is my turn to issue a challenge. Ho hum... whatever would I like to do? Ohhhh... how about a card with some kind of fancy fold. A trifold, tunnel card, gift card holder or some other neat card. Basically any card with a base other than a single piece of cardstock folded in half! That ought to be fun. :)

Quick notes: I stamped the tree from Soakin' Up the Sun and colored with Copic markers. I coated the leaves with Crystal Effects and doodled a bit of sand at the base of the tree. For the dotted background I took a sponge dauber and dabbed a some circles of Kiwi Kiss on a piece of River Rock cardstock.

Stamps: Soakin' Up the Sun. Paper: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Kiwi Kiss, Neenah Classic white, Maine Blueberry designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Kiwi Kiss Classic, Copic markers. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Crystal Effects, sponge dauber, dimensionals, clear baubles, River Rock striped ribbon, distressor.

11 comments:

  1. love it Danielle! green is one of my favorite colors to stamp with. love the layout and those dew drops look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is number one, ADORABLE, and number two, AMAZING, esp. for a mono-chromatic scheme. The papers and colors work so well together and all the different textures really play off each other perfectly. I LOVE the dewdrops, too! SOOOO pretty, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Danielle...I love all that green!! and the dew drops are the perfect embellie to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty!! I love all that green!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME Danielle! Love your challenge too! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Danielle! I'm partial to green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. where do i get clear baubles?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)