Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: No Squares Here!

I want candy! Lots and lots of candy! Sorry... I couldn't resist! :) Two weeks ago Julie challenged the Prettie Girls to make a differently shaped card. Apparently I think square or circle when I make a card so this challenge was not as easy as I thought it would be! However I persevered and came up with a pumpkin card.

How did I make my card? I cut two ovals from Tangerine Tango cardstock with the Coluzzle cutting system. I sponged some Tangerine Tango Classic ink on the front one to add texture. 'Cause pumpkins have ridges... just like Ruffles. :) For the stem I used SU!'s Round Tab punch. I sponged it with Always Artichoke Classic ink and then attached it to the ovals. For decoration and extra hold I added 3 silver brads. I then stamped Howdy Sophia, did some coloring and sponging before matting her on Chocolate Chip cardstock and attaching to the cardbase with dimensionals.

Pumpkins have lots of viney stem stuff hanging off of them that you have to cut so I duplicated that effect by knotting some hemp twine and linen thread around the spine (not sure what to call that card connector thingy at this point). I roughed up the twine with my scissors... sort of how you making curling ribbon curl if you kwim. Oh and I attached a tag with more linen thread and added some candy and a spider to the cardbase for additional fun. :)

Of course one sentiment wasn't enough so I added two more. The first is "boo" spelled out with Thickers felt stickers. The second is a sentiment stamped on Creamy Caramel cardstock, punched out with a 1" circle punch and mounted on a squashed bottle cap. I did not squash the cap myself... I bought it that way. :) Oh hey - just realized that there is no paper piercing or designer paper on this card!!!

I wonder what the rest of the Prettie Girls came up with? Be sure to check out their blogs for more fun creations: Julie Masse, Charmaine Ikach, Jana Weaver, Jodi Collins, Jackie Rakoski, Joni Stringfield and Carolina Buchting.

Stamps: Howdy Girlfriend (Paper Pretties), Fright Night (MFT), Monster Squad (MFT). Paper: Tangerine Tango, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip Classic, Tangerine Tango Classic, Always Artichocke Classic, Close to Cocoa Classic, Copic Markers (W2, E00, E33, E57, E77, RV11, YG63, YG91). Other: silver brads, hemp twine, linen thread, dimensionals, Round Tab punch, Coluzzle cutting system and oval template, 1" circle punch, bottle cap, Thickers green sweater stickers (American Crafts).

15 comments:

  1. This is so cute & clever! But now I want a bag of Ruffles to snack on!! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is so wonderful. I LOVE the ovals held together with the punched tab. Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I love it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the card is great i especially like the "i want candy" sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, were you hungry when you did this post, cause I sure am now....RUFFLES!!CANDY!! LOL!!

    Super cute Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable!! Love how you thought to use the tab punch for the stem. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Danielle!! Great great job - love the pumpkin and the top!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Danielle! I love the spider hanging from the "O" in Boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo darlin'!!! You did a great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! this is fabulous, Danielle. I especially love how you created the little stem at the top, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable, and so well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fabulous is this!! What a great card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)