Saturday, September 27, 2008

Top Note Little Book

I made this little chipboard book for my mother a couple of weeks ago and since I have finally given it to her I can share it with you. She does not check my blog very often but once in a while she does... so I had to wait just in case. :)

I used the new Top Note Bigz Die from Stampin' Up to cut the covers from chipboard and then covered them with Maine Blueberry designer paper (which I also cut with the Top Note die.) I distressed the edges with a sanding block and then used my Cropodile to cut two holes and set jumbo eyelets in each cover. For the inside pages I took 3 1/2 x 5 index cards and trimmed them to 3 3/4 wide before punching with the Cropodile. I then assembled the book using book rings to hold it all together. To finish I decorated the front cover and added a bit of ribbon to the top book ring.

Here's a shot of the inside: it's all ready for some fun notes!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Everyday Flexible Phrases. Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Maine Blueberry designer (sorry, I just keep using this paper over and over again!). Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip. Other: chipboard, index cards, book rings, sanding block, Antique Brass jumbo eyelets, Pretties Kit (half pearls), Very Vanilla/Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, Bashful Blue grosgrain, Chocolate Chip Taffeta, scalloped chipboard frame, dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this and how you bound it with the jumbo eyelets and rings! And, my favorite paper and stamp set (at the moment!). TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is gorgeous!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really cute. I love the look! So pretty.

    I saw that Barefoot Stamper featured you under the mini books.... how wonderful!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Denise G

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, love how you made it into a book!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)