Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BIC 26: Soothing Blues

It is Tuesday which means it is time for another Inspiration Challenge courtesy of Beate! This weeks piece is a sofa setting from Pottery Barn.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team has created: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog for the full details and to see her awesome take on the challenge!

Quick notes: I pulled these colors from the picture: Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Kraft, White and a touch of Bravo Burgundy. Of course I had to add some Bashful Blue too... it just fit! :)

I inked the large flower stamp from Eastern Blooms with Pacific Point Classic ink and then rocked the edges of the inked stamp on a Night of Navy classic ink bad to add some darker color to the edges of the flowers. I used Bravo Burgundy buttons for the flower centers. Adhering them to the flowers with glue dots and then looping silver elastic thead through the button holes and knotting on the underside of the flowers. I used my fingers to curl the petals a bit and then adhered to the Whisper White circle of cardstock with dimensionals. A sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy on Bashful Blue, punched out with the Word Window punch and then also adhered to the WW circle with more dimensionals.

I think the rest is self-explanatory but if now just shoot me a message and I'll add more details! :) Finished card size is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Fundamental Phrases. Paper: Kraft, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Maine Blueberry designer. Ink: Pacific Point, Night of Navy. Other: Rich Regal Buttons, silver brads, Pacific Point striped ribbon, corner rounder, silver elastic cord, glue dots, Word Window punch, Nestabilities Circle and Petite Scalloped circle dies, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals.

16 comments:

  1. WOW - Danielle - your card is super gorgeous!!! Love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fab card!!! I love the colors and those flowers are perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! I LOVE the colors and set you picked. I love the layout and the flower centers. Awesome card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH this card is just GORGEOUS! Fantastic job on the inpiration challenge! TFS
    Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Danielle! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous. What beautiful color and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the buttons in the center of the flowers - and nice color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Danielle! I love your color choices and the button flower centers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Danielle, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! the design is just wonderful, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the buttons luv the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your interpretation of the inspiration piece! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these colors!! What a Great Card!!
    Danielle
    www.memroycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)