Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BIC27: Frightfully Purple

It's another Tuesday and another fabulous Inspiration Challenge from Beate! This week the piece is this absolutely gorgeous scarf. P-r-e-t-t-y!

I went simple on my card this week and just used the colors as a jumping off point: purple and gray. Since I bought a bunch of Halloween stamps this year I decided I better use one of those sets. Yeah, I bought more than one Halloween set - whatever was I thinking???

Want to see more eye candy? Then check out what the rest of the team has created: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog for the full details and to see her awesome take on the challenge!

Quick card details: I used the Frightful Fence jumbo wheel and Halloween Frights stamp set. The fence was stamped in Perfect Plum on cardstock of the same color. Next I embossed several bats using VersaMark and black embossing powder. To finish the scene I stamped the cat in Basic Grey Classic ink on Whisper White and cut out. I redrew the whiskers using a white gel pen and then adhered to the Perfect Plum layer with dimensionals. Added paper piercing, matted on Basic Black and added three brads. The next layer is a piece of Kraft cardstock on which I adhered an Elegant Eggplant strip across the top before wrapping with ribbon (Black gingham and Basic Gray taffeta) and knotting. To the bottom of this layer I stamped a sentiment in Basic Black. This layer was adhered to a Basic Gray cardbase and then the main image was affixed with dimensionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Frightful Fence jumbo wheel and Halloween Frights. Paper: Basic Gray, Kraft, Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White. Ink: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, VersaMark. Other: Black gingham ribbon, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, white gel pen, dimensionals, black brads, black embossing powder.

9 comments:

  1. Totally cute!!! Love you halloween theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and love the theme! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Halloween card! Awesome take on this inspiration challenge!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Danielle! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Love how you took these colors and made them into a Halloween card, so different and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Danielle! I love all the little details. Just a fabulous Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Danielle! I lOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Danielle, I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! The batties are so cute with the cat! I also love how you combined the ribbon! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)