Friday, October 24, 2008

Candy... Me Want Candy!

Only one more week until Halloween - when our front porches will be invaded by scary monsters, dashing Draculas, sweet Princesses and super cute toodlers that can barely walk in puppy dog costumes. There always seems to be a puppy or cat and sometimes a bunny. :) Too cute and not to be resisted. The teenagers talking on their cell phones however... let's just say I give them the candy bar I don't like! He he he.

In the Halloween spirit here is one of my latest cards. Using yet another set of Halloween stamp sets I bought... I seriously need an intervention. These not-so-cute cuties are from Starving Artistamps. They crack me up... I can picture them in zombie voices saying "Candy... Candy... me want Candy!" as they shuffle up my driveway (past the maple tree) and huddle around my doorway with arms outstretched waiting for the deposit of candy into their plastic orange pumpkins, pillow cases and shopping bags (Trick or Treat style).

So are you looking forward to Halloween too or just the candy? Or will you be like my mother and turn off all the lights and not answer the door? It makes me laugh, but yes after many years of giving out candy she has just recently begun to do this! And she is so going to kill me for telling all of you her little dark secret! :)

Stamps: DoodleFactory Halloween, Doodlebug Trick or Treat Sentiments (Starving Artistamps). Paper: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Neenah Classic White, "Night Lite" Dotted Corn designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Close to Cocoa Classic, Copic markers. Other: black polka dot brads, Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon, dimensionals, sponge.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!I luv Halloween!! And I absolutely luv your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright, saturated colors in your card! The images are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL These guys are SO cute!!! I love their little faces!! Such a cute, CUTE card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the faces on the little Halloween characters... Plus the DP is so fun! Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! This is adorable! Great job coloring! We get hammered with trick or treaters every year, and by far my favorites are the babies and toddlers (who are too little to even EAT candy) in their adorable costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card!! so cute - I'll be spending time with my family in CA this Halloween - yea! otherwise we are those that shut off the light & pretend we're not home (mainly because our dog would go crazy with the doorbell & barking her head off!) have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)