Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dishin' up some Ghosts and Ghouls

Are you ready for a sneak peek at a super cute Halloween stamp soon to be released at Paper Pretties? I thought so! The new set is Pick a Patch starring Cooper in a little pumpkin costume!!

I made this card for the technique challenge Charmaine issued at the SIYJ party last night. The challenge was to use a technique that you have never done before! I decided to try my hand at wet embossing, which I bought the supplies to do months ago and then never used!

The technique I used is similar to this one on SCS: Pasty Razzle Dazzle. The only difference is that I colored the image with pastels after I applied a white embossing paste and let it dry. I then applied a bit of glitter glue for extra zing! Once everything had finished drying I cut the pumpkin out and adhered to the card with dimensionals.

Here is a closeup so you can see the sparkle of the glitter. What is really neat is where the emossing paste was applied the image is raised - lots of texture!

Other notes: the designer paper is by Heidi Grace and the black ribbons are by May Arts. The green ribbon is by Stampin' Up! as is the cardstock. I also accented the card with some scallop edging (Scallop Edge Punch from SU!), a silver spiral clip (not sure where I bought that) and some paper piercing or course! I think those are all the details - any questions just let me know!

And I couldn't resist doing a closeup of Cooper - he is just too cute in that costome. Btw - Christie is anticipating that she will have these stamps in sometime next week. As soon as they are available I'll let you know!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Pick of the Patch. Paper: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Georgia Pacific White, Heidi Grace designer. Ink: Black, Copic Markers, Kiwi Kiss Classic. Other: Pumpkin Stencil (Dreamweaver Stencils), White Embossing Paste, glitter glue and Non-Smear pastels (The Stencil Collection), mat pack, paper piercer, silver spiral clip, Very Vanilla/Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Black/Silver ribbon (May Arts), Black Velvet ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. oh isn't Cooper adorable? Love your card, the ribbon, layout, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just super cute Danielle!! That pumpkin is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)