Friday, October 10, 2008

Pretties Thursday Challenge: Inspiring Lanterns

Well... it is a bit past Thursday but here is the challenge and my card anyways! This week's challenge is to make a card or project inspired by these pretty fillable lanterns from Pottery Barn.

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC23 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique. Feel free to stop by the challenge thread and chat with the other participants! :)

For my take on the challenge I decided to create my own "lantern", aka shaker box, and fill it with fun stuff. In this case a pretty Sophia and lots of little white beads to duplicate the look of snow. I also used quite a few of the colors from the picture: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Barely Banana, Vanilla, Kraft and White. I did add some touches of red for a more festive look.

To accessorize the project I added some Prima flowers and some fun ribbon (Alpine Ribbon Originals and Riding Hood Red taffeta from SU!). I set some jumbo eyelets through the centers of the flowers before adhering to the card with dimensionals.

Here is a closeup of Sophia. I added some glitter to her dress and the ornament with Copic Spica AtYou glitter pens. It shows up much clearer on the ornament.

For the sentiment I used one of the rubons from Stampin' Up!s Chit Chat set. As usual I also added a bit of paper piercing. :)

I will have to make sure to put this shaker card in a safe place. My cats found the last one I made and decided that it made a most excellent cat toy. Needless to say, that card has a bit of extra distressing!!!

Oh and that green paper - it is actually velvet cardstock from S.E.I.. It is so decadent, now that I have finally cut into a piece of it maybe I will use it more often! :)

Stamps: Trim the Tree Sophia (November SOTM). Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Naturals Ivory, Kraft, Georgia Pacific White, Green velvet (S.E.I.). Ink: black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens (melon, clear). Other: acetate, Alpine ribbon, Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon, Flowers (Prima), Antique brass jumbo eyelets, Chit Chat rubons, mat pack, paper piercer, foam mounting tape, white bead mix, dimensionals.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Danielle!! This is fabulous! I love shaker cards and this one is just over the top and beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is BEAUTIFUL!! Great great card Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely STUNNING!! :D Great colors, great sketch and love that it's a shaker! :D Fabulous Job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This card is AMAZING!!! I dont' even know where to begin w/ all the detail and beautiful embellishments.. shall I give you my address??? LOL! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle - I'm glad you stopped by my blog otherwise I wouldn't have known about your blog which is FAB! So many inspiring ideas to get me thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)