Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pretties Thursday Challenge: What's in Your Sewing Box?

This week's Paper Pretties' challenge is to make a card or other project that uses something that might be found in a sewing basket! Hmm... stumped for ideas? Here are a couple to start you off: use a scrap piece of fabric as a background (just like you would designer paper), add some stitching or sew on your card or add a button or two!

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work?
Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them using the sketch provided. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC25 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique.

For my sample card I used a lot of items from my sewing box (otherwise known as the various plastic containers scattered in my craft room): a button, some white thread and a sewing machine to add stitching and a scrap of fabric to create a blue flower thing. He he... not sure what that thing is actually called but all I did was stitch a piece of thread through one side of a 1 1/4" wide strip of fabric, pull the fabric tight on the thread to cause gathers and knot the ends of the thread. To finish I stitched a big green button onto the finished flower with linen thread.

Stamps: Trim the Tree Sophia (November SOTMC stamp). Paper: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Neenah Classic White, Be Merry Twas the Night Before Christmas and Be Merry Oh Christmas Tree designer papers (My Mind's Eye). Ink: black, Copic markers. Other: white thread, sewing machine, scrap fabric, green button, green Self-Stick gems (Darice), Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, linen thread, white brads (not sure where I got them), dimensionals, linen thread, Chit Chat rubons.

*Edited: Okay, I just had to fix the title of this post "You Sewing Box" - What was I thinking?

4 comments:

  1. WOWZA! This is beyond gorgeous, girl!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the DP and colors... I finally started my own blog. We emailed eachother on how you take photos of your cards last spring I think it was... check it out when you get time!! (I'm going to keep up with all the FABULOUS paper crafting blogs in cyber land!) Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome challenge and gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)