Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Fancy That!

Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card using some kind of fancy fold or another. I chose to make one of the fun Free Standing Pop-up Cards. I had never made one of these cards before and it was surprisingly simple!

I was also have a brain dead moment and couldn't think of a color combo to use so I checked out the recent Color Combo challenges posted on SplitCoast and feel in love with this one (CC186): Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze. And guess who posted it? Our very own Prettie Girl Jodi, aka Kharmagirl.

Since the colors reminded me of fall I just had to use Falling For You Sophia... one of my very favorites! Okay, they are all my favorites but I'm in a Fall mood so she has been topping the pile of my most frequently grabbed stamps. :)

The main sentiment was created using Thickers chipboard adhesive letters to spell out "happy" and the Chit Chat rubons from Stampin' Up! for the "so happy for you". On the pull tab I spelt out "pull" using the Rough Edges mini alphabet stamp set. Added some brads, Felt Fusion flowers and ribbon to accent the cards.

What is really fun about this card is that it folds flat so you can easily mail it. Yay! Although I did add a bit of bulky ribbon so it will still require extra postage. But it is worth an extra stamp, right? :)

Stamps: Falling For You Sophia (Paper Pretties), Rough Edges Alphabet (retired). Paper: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Georgia Pacific white, vellum cardstock. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Copic markers. Other: Chit Chat rubons, Felt Fusion and Felt Fusion Too flowers, brown brads (Queen & Co.), Thickers chipboard letters (American Crafts), Aqua ribbon (American Crafts), dimensionals, round tab punch, mat pack, paper piercer.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Danielle - and a very popular fold this time around! LOL! Love those colors - I'm just making a card with them now!! :) Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Danielle!! This was a popular fold for this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both need your heads checked...this is in NO WAY plain compared to mine, it is AWESOME!! All of our cards turned out so different, and I love that...PERFECTION as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and how you embellished the base of the card...I just did one for Club and now I have more ideas thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. You make gorgeous cards.

    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, I cannot say it enough there has not been 1 card or project that you have done that is not beautiful! You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How FABU Danielle!! LOVE this fold (I totally have to try that!!!) and I am so glad you liked the colors! They totally ROCK with this!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute!!! Love, love, love the color combo! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)