Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Glitter, Glitter and More Glitter!

Two weeks ago Jessie challenged the Prettie Girls to make a glittery card! Yay... I do so love a bit of glitter! :)

For my card I used some glittery embossed paper from My Mind's Eye and a piece of chipboard that I colored with Regal Rose Craft ink and then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter (via Heat 'n Stick Powder). I also added a bit of glitter to the mug and the sentiment tag. Think I used enought glitter??? :)

I could not figure out where to fit the sentiment on my card so I did a little pull tag on the upper left side. The tag base is a 1 3/4" x 4" strip of Pink Pirouette cardstock folded in half. I used the Word Window punch to cut a slit through the Riding Hood Red mat under the main image. Through this slit I adhered the ends of the tag together with a dimensional. This way the tag will not fall out and can only be pulled so far.

P.S. I drew the tea bag string onto the mug image so it would tie in with the "What's brewing?" sentiment a bit better. :)

Stamps: Look Who's Perky. Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Georgia Pacific White, designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Regal Rose Craft, black pen. Other: chipboard shape, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Heat N' Stick powder, mat pack, paper piercer, Word Window punch, 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, 1/4" circle punch, ribbon (We R Memory Makers), silver brads, dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen.

7 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! LOVE all the glitter and the little pull-out sentiment. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! Glitter suits it well :)

    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never, ever, have too much glitter ;)

    Your card is adorable! I wouldn't have thought you drew in the tea bag string - it just looks like part of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! I LOVE how you did that sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card, Danielle! Love all the sparkle and the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FANTABULOUS Danielle!!! LOVE the pocket you created for the sentiment and the tea bag you added!! Super sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome, and the tag you drew....genius!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)