Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Pick Your Own Inspiration

Two weeks ago Jessie challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card using an inspiration piece... but with a twist: you had to pick your own inspiration picture! So I did a bit a on-line window shopping and found these oh-so-pretty stockings from Pottery Barn. Makes me wish I had a fire place in my house to hang them from!

I decided to use the clean soothing colors from the picture form my inspiration. In specific: Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Vanilla, White and a bit of Gold. I also liked the quilting on the stockings so I incorporated that into my card also by using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder on a piece of So Saffron cardstock.

For the main image I used the November SOTMC stamp: Trim the Tree Sophia. She is beyond sweet and definitely a must have! She will be released to club members in November, otherwise you will have to wait 'til December to purchase her from the Paper Pretties Boutique.

Speaking of Paper Pretties, did you know that there is going to be a Stampin' In Your Pajamas party tonight? Sure enough, everyone will be gathering in the Paper Pretties' forum and chatting away the night. Party starts at 8PM (Eastern) and there will be challenges, prizes and a sneak peek or two at upcoming releases!

But back to the card! Even though Sophia is super cute all on her own I had to add a bit of gold bling by using the Gold Spica pen from Copic.

For the "joy" I inked chipboard letters with an Gold Encore ink pad, coated with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. Has anyone else ever had the problem of Encore mettalic ink never seeming to completely dry? I feel like it is always rubbing off on everything, thus I coat it with the embossing powder to seal it in place.

To finish I used a bit of Very Vanilla/Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon and half pearls from the Stampin' Up! Pretties Kit to accent the card.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Trim the Tree Sophia. Paper: Naturals Ivory, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Georgia Pacific White. Ink: Black, Copic markers, Gold Spica AtYou pen (Copic). Other: Very Vanilla/Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, On Board Loads of Letters, Pretties Kit, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Clear embossing powder, dimensionals.

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Danielle, great minds, think alike, wait until you see one of my party cards tonight - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect, Danielle! I love how you colored Sophia's dress and I love the word JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful Danielle!! I just love the colors and the beautiful gold!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!! I just love the gold on her sash and hair tie, perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful Danielle!!! LOVE these colors and your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)