Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pretties Wednesday:

Two weeks ago Prettie Girl Jackie R. challenged the Prettie Girls to use their brayers! What a challenge - this one definitely stumped me for a bit!

Finally I went simple and decided to just brayer some different shades of orange (Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard and Apricot Appeal) onto glossy cardstock. To do so I ripped a piece of scrap copy paper and used it as a mask. First applying the darkest color and then revealing more of the glossy paper and applying the second color (overlapping the darker color). I repeated this two more times until the paper was totally covered. Turns out Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie dry to about the same color so it is difficult to see them both in the picture.

For the main image I watercolored the body of the beaters with Pearlescent Watercolors (an orange shade) and an AquaPainter. The metal beaters themselves were colored with a Copic marker and theh shadow around the image was also done with another Copic marker. Other than the brayered background and the main image I think I kept the card rather simple. :)

Curious to see what the rest of the Prettie Girls did? Well take a look-see at their wonderful blogs: Charmaine Ikach, Jackie Pedro, Jackie Rakoski, Jessica Rone, Jillian Winters, Jodi Collins and Julie Masse.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sweets for the Sweet. Paper: River Rock, Old Olive, Glossy White, PTI Select white. Ink: Tangerine Tango Classic, Pumpkin Pie Classic, More Mustard Classic, Apricot Appeal Classic, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Pearlescent Watercolors, AquaPainter, Scalloped Edge Punch, Tangerine Tango striped ribbon, gold brads, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, brayer.

7 comments:

  1. Great contrasts of those oranges! I had a hard time w/ this one so I hope you like mine cuz it's going to YOU! ;) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Danielle! LOVE that background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool effect!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your brayered look on this card! The colors are awesome!! Great card, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! This card makes me want to start whipping up some cookies... Fun colors! Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)