Friday, October 17, 2008

PWC24: Pretties Thursday on a Friday

Yay... my camera battery is charged again. I know - not a huge deal but it is when you don't realize it until the last moment and you have to scoot to go shopping with your mom! So my card is a day late, but it is so pretty I'm sure you don't mind. :)

I made this card for the PWC24 Challenge this week and used November's SOTMC stamp: Trim the Tree Sophia.

A few quick notes: To make the ornament sparkly I colored it and then applied a small glue dot over the image (perfect fit!) and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The main image and the layer below it are the same size. Each layer was stitched with my sewing machine (oh yeah - I'm sewing again!).

Stamps: Trim the Tree Sophia (Paper Pretties). Paper: Baja Breeze, Kraft, Georgia Pacific White, Jolly & Bright/Mini Dots designer (Heidi Grace), Be Merry Twas the Night Before Christmas designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: black, Copic markers (R27, R32, R83, W2, B00, E00, Y21, Yr21). Other: Polka dot ribbon (American Crafts), Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, brads (not sure of the maker - just some random ones I've had forevah!), sewing machine, white trhread, dimensionals.

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them using the sketch provided. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC24 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique.

P.S. Have you heard that a certain pretty girl is celebrating her birthday today??? Well, I'll be back in a little bit with another card to share because of the special occasion. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Danielle, have fun shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Danielle!!! I love the sketch and can't wait to play! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Danielle! Genius with the glue dot! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)