Monday, October 13, 2008

TLC189: A Smart Box

Last Monday's Try a New Technique on Splitcoast was to make a Mini Pizza Box! Woo hoo... a perfect challenge for me since I love boxes and I love pizza! :) And why did I call mine a Smart Box in the title? 'Cause it's filled with Smarties... yum!

I decorated my box with stamps from the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set and Maine Blueberry designer paper. As well as my favorite chocolate felt ribbon.

The main image was stamped in Black StazOn on Naturals Ivory cardstock and watercolored with an AquaPainter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I added a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flower centers and then finished decorating the outside of the box.

Once you open the box there are the yummy treats and where I put the sentiment (Celebrate the candy!). Seriously, Smarties are worth celebrating, especially when shared among friends! :) And I have one more tip: once you finish the box do NOT put it on the counter where chocolate was just sitting. Ugh! My cute little box has chocolate smears on the bottom! That is another reason Smarties are great - they don't stain cardstock!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful. Paper: Pacific Point, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Naturals Ivory, Maine Blueberry designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: AquaPainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, black brads, Alpine Ribbon Originals, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Coluzzle, Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Your color choices, coloring and layout! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)