Tuesday, November 4, 2008

BIC 30: Green Trees and Blue Snowflakes

It's Tuesday and time for another Inspiration Challenge from Beate! This week's is a bright and cheery purse. Don't you just want this purse?! I do!

*The purse is by Belle Bags and you can find them at www.shysiren.com!

For me the colors immediately caught my eye: Old Olive, Black and a shade of Turquoise... pretty! Of course there is also some light yellow and a Not Quite Navy but we are pretending that we don't see them since I did not use them in my sample. :)

I used the Merry & Bright stamp set for the focal points and to create texture on the background cardstock layers. There is a snowman in this set, but I'm saving him for another Snowman Sunday.

Quick notes: I stamped the trees four times and colored all of them with markers, however I cut two of them out and adhered them over the other two with dimensionals. Just a little extra pop. I added a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the branches. Each layer of the card was distressed with its matching Classic ink (except the Black layers, cause that would be overkill and you wouldn't see it anyways). I used some gingham ribbon, a Little Felt Flurry and a crystal brad to accent the card. Cute enough, dontcha' think?

For more great samples check out the rest of the Inspiration Team: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog for the full details and to see sample!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Merry & Bright, Fundamental Phrases. Paper: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, PaperTrey Ink Select white. Ink: Baja Breeze Classic, Old Olive Classic, Certainly Celery marker, Old Olive marker, Black StazOn. Other: Word Window punch, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, Dazzling Diamond glitter, clear crystal brad, Little Felt Flurries, black gingham ribbon, dimensionals.

15 comments:

  1. Very striking! I love the colors and this stamp set is so cute! Love what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and those adorable little Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration piece. The layout is awesome. The card has a wonderful festive feel to it. Danielle, I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Danielle. I love what you did with the challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for the holidays - love your take on the BIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome holiday card Danielle, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are perfect, it matches the bag to a T!
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. heck, yeah this is cute! I love your take on the inspiration piece. great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings Ladies!

    Allow me to introduce myself, I am the designer and crafter behind Belle Bags and the handbag selected for this challange.

    You and the others that have taken on this challenge have made some gorgeous cards using my handbag as your inspiration piece and I am just thrilled with looking at them all. Buying paper is as addictive as buying fabric! In fact, the fabric used in this bag is by Michael Miller, they also design paper for scrapbooking and other paper crafts.

    I am very flattered with of your gushing comments regarding the bag and would like to offer you a discount of 15% off your entire purchase at http://www.shysiren.com. Just enter code: Fresh15 at the checkout to receive your discount.

    If you post the photo of my handbag on your website, please, do note credit where credit is due and mention the photo and handbag belong to Belle Bags as shown on http://www.shyiren.com. Thanks.

    Feel free to pass along the discount code on your respective blogs as well!

    Happy Crafting,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Danielle! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Cute Danielle! Love those trees! Great job. Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Danielle... LOVE your Merry & Bright card. The layers and colors have me hooked! I'm on my way to a stampn' and scrapn' weekend in Northern Minnesota and this set is one I chose to work with... So I'll be chasing!! 3 days of fun!! Thanks for the visit to my blog and nice complements!! Have a great weekend... Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)