Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BIC31: Who Let the Birdies Out?

This week's inspiration piece is a little bird mobile from Gifts Define. Isn't it the sweetest thing? Of course I immediately thought of the A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set from Stampin' Up! and based my card on those cute birds! Cheep, cheep - are we ready for Spring yet? I usually love Winter but I just can't get into it this year. He he... so I'm thinking warm thoughts. :)

To see more beautiful samples check out the blogs of fellow Inspiration Team members: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog for the full details and to see her sample!

Quick notes: the birds were stamped on Cameo Coral to create a scene and then stamped a second time on patterned paper, cut out and adhered over the Plain Jane ones stamped previously. I did adhere the So Saffron bird before stamping the little birdie so that they overlapped (then I glued the purple tiny birdie into place)! To finish I added a couple of sentiment circles, some pretty dotted ribbon, brads, scallop edge and paper piercing... oh and a bit of sponging! :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me. Paper: Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, PaperTrey Ink Select White, Prints Designer 6"x6" paper pad (Spring/Summer '08 Hostess Level 1). Ink: Black StazOn, Cameo Coral Classic, Pretty in Pink marker, Pumpkin Pie marker. Other: Scalloped Edge punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Berry Sorbet Swiss Dots Satin ribbon (PaperTrey Ink), white brads (DoodleBug I think), dimensionals.

14 comments:

  1. Danielle, I love your take on the challenge. A chick party! It's too cute!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~*SWEET TWEET!*~

    Brilliant paper-piecing Danielle!

    Your card reminds me of the ladies in the musical MUSIC MAN..."Talk a little, talk a little...CHEEP, CHEEP, CHEEP!"

    Thanks for all the deets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC take on the inspiration piece, Danielle! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Danielle! LOVE those birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable is this! LOVE it! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute!! I love those little birdies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute - Danielle!!! The Cameo Coral looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this!! I love all those darling little birdies. Wonderful challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a perfect card for your challenge with Beate, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paper piecing you did to the birds. Adorable... fun details and thanks for sharing such great talent! Smiles.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Danielle! Love all those colourful birdies! Great job and thanks for sharing!
    love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love, love, love it! soooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cuuuuttte!!!
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)