Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BIC32: Trim the Tree

It's Tuesday which means it is time for another Inspiration Challenge brought to you by Beate! This time it is a cute little baby's room. Look at that flooring... it is amazing! I liked it so much that I just had to duplicate the look on my card!

Quick notes: I scored a piece of glossy cardstock at every half inch then brayered Baja Breeze Classic ink onto it. This left nifty white stripes where I scored! I then layered a piece of vellum cardstock that I ripped along the top edge. I stamped a sentiment ($1 stamp by Studio G) along the bottom with StazOn and layered ontop of the brayered background and then matted both on a piece of Basic Gray cardstock. Added some brads and satin ribbon to hold the vellum in place. This piece was then adhered to a River Rock cardbase with dimensionals

Next up I stamped the tree image from the Mr. Twigster set and colored with a Copic Marker. I then adhered some copper microbeads over the ornaments using Crystal Effect. They ended up looking a lot like pinecones rather than the blinged out ornaments I was trying to achieve. But I like 'em anyways! To finish I added a bit of Liquid Applique and heat set for a nice snowy ground!

To see more beautiful samples check out the blogs of fellow Inspiration Team members: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog for the full details and to see her sample!

Stamps: Mr Twigster, Merry Little Christmas (Studio G). Paper: River Rock, Basic Gray, Glossy White, PTI Select White, vellum cardstock. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Black StazOn, Baja Breeze Classic. Other: Copper microbeads (Martha Stewart), Ripe Avocado Swiss Dots satin ribbon (PTI), Liquid Applique, Crystal Effects, bone folder, dimensionals.


13 comments:

  1. I love the details...shiny floor, pincones...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love this one, Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome - I love how you replicated the look of the floor, too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the challenge! I love that vellum piece with the sentiment. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just LOVE this, Danielle! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - that scored/brayerd background is amazing, and that little tree is so darling!! I love this card!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the brayer technique you used. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your micro-bead ornaments! They turned out great... plus the vellum in the BG is an awesome touch. Smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle, your card is BEAUTIFUL! I love it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)