Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BIC33: Looks Like Summer

Don't you just wish you were sitting at this table??? I do! Especially since there is snow on the ground here and it is so very cold. Brrr!

This week's Inspiration Challenge from Beate is the aforementioned patio scene from Martha Stewart. I just loved the rich earthy colors and used them on my card. My very wintry card. :)

To see more beautiful samples check out the blogs of fellow Inspiration Team members: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog for the full details and to see her sample!

For my card I used the Holiday Lineup stamp set from SU! and paired it with a sentiment from the Winter Schminter cling set from Whipper Snapper. Hee hee... these reindeer crack me up and I thought that sentiment added a bit of additional humor. That there is one bee-u-ti-ful deer with his bright spotlight of a nose! :)

Quickie notes: the reindeer were stamped in Black StazOn and watercolored with an AquaPainter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I then outlined the image with a W2 Copic marker and added some subtle shimmer to the red nose with a Clear Copic Spica pen.

Stamps: Holiday Lineup, Sanded background, Winter Schminter (Whipper Snapper). Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Naturals Ivory. Ink: Black StazOn, W2 Copic marker, Clear Spica AtYou pen, Close To Cocoa Classic, So Saffron Classic. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Ripe Avocado swiss dotted ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, gold brads, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, AquaPainter.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors on this adorable card, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeekkk....I wasn't gonna order that Ripe Avocado stuff but I guess I have to now LOL! I love your card...it's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle - your card is super cute!!! I love this new Set too - it is sooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh what an adorable take on the inspiration challenge. Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love the colors... YUM-O! Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH!! This is so cute!! Love the colors and that sentiment with this image is crackin me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this, Danielle! :) CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, Danielle! I LOVE that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)