Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday Blog Hop!

Hey peeps! Today is an extra special post - it's my fellow Prettie Girl Jillian's birthday and we are showing her some birthday goodness Prettie style by having a blog hop with each of us bringing a goodie to the party! My contribution is some yummy Limeade with Mint drinks (found on the Martha Stewart website). Happy Birthday Jillian!!!

The birthday hop started at The Paper Clip so if you haven't visited there yet... well you are missing out on some of the fun. *For those of you unfamiliar with a blog hop here is how it works: start at Blog A, read the post and follow the included link to Blog B... repeat until the last blog (aka Blob Z) is reached! Easy peasy, right?

And a birthday party isn't a party without cards and stuff right? Using the drinks as an inspiration I made a treat box for Jillian! I used the colors from the picture: Kiwi Kiss, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip and orange as well as the theme of drinks! The finished box is actually quite big: 3 1/2" tall, 4" wide and 4" deep, which doesn't include the decorations.


Here is a picture of the top. I used one of the cups from Look Who's Perky and colored with markers adding a bit of glitter with the Clear Copic Spica pen. I also added a button as decoration for the cup. What do you think of that color combo? It's oddly appealing to me and I'm not normally a fan of orange (especially when it is not on a Halloween card!).

So what is in the box? A bunch of mini Kit Kat bars which are way tastier than normal sized Kit Kat bars. I think it is the ratio of chocolate to wafer. Nom nom nom... I better mail this gift soon or there will be no chocolate left for Jillian. :)

You've reached the end of my post which means it is time to hop to the next blog! Who is the next stop on the Jillan Birthday Blog Hop? The uber-talented Jackie P! Continue the hop by visiting her blog!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Look Who's Perky. Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White. Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Clear Copic Spica pen, Certainly Celery Classic. Other: So Saffron Polytwill ribbon, linen thread, Tangerine buttons (Doodlebug), 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Scalloped edge punch, Chit Chat rubons, dimensionals.

12 comments:

  1. OMG this is FANTASTIC!! I love it!!! Happy birthday Jillian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Danielle!! Maybe you could send some of it my way??? Didn't think so!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. danielle this is FANTABULOUS!!!!! I LOVe the colors and the box is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jess...this is FANTABULOUS!!!! I can't even believe how amazing this party is!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea! I love the colors - very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love that little box, what an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - this is awesome!!! Love the gift box, and it's marvelous colors!! Those drinks look pretty yummy too!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!!! Cute box and sweet treats inside! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the box AND the colors, Danielle! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)