Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Move it! Move it!

Two weeks ago Charmaine challenged the Prettie Girls to make an interactive card, in other words, something that moves! I decided to make a double slider card cause they are so neat! Pull on the top part and it slides out... AND... a panel pops out the bottom too!

Guess what? Now it is my turn to issue a challenge for the Prettie Girls. Hmm... whatever shall I make them do? Heh heh heh. Well since the weather outside is so cold I think we need to warm things up inside! I wanna see what they can do with a heat tool! Bring on the embossing, faux metal, polyshrink... whatever! As long as it involves using heat to make your card! And no, burning a picture of me in the fire doesn't count!!! :) Muhahaha!!!

In the meantime wanna see what the rest of the Prettie Girls are doing for this week's challenge? Take a look at their blogs at:
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Here is a closeup of Angel Sophia - I added Fun Flock to her wings and after coloring painted a translucent layer of Pearlescent Watercolors over her dress for a shimmery effect. She is such a cutie!

Stamps: Angel Sophia (Paper Pretties), Best Yet, Sanded background. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Kraft, PTI Select white, Be Merry Trim the Tree designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Black StazOn, Close To Cocoa classic, Copic markers. Other: Cotton Ball White Fun Flock, Pearlescent Watercolors, AquaPainter, sponge, mat pack, paper piercer, green buttons, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, cording, Antique Brass jumbo eyelet, linen thread.

12 comments:

  1. Cute Christmas slider card, Danielle! They are just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a gorgeous card! I love it and can't wait to play your challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous!! Stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and AWESOME challenge, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart! How do you make this? I love cards that fold differentlly but I havent´t made one in ages.

    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle - I really need some help with this project. I am supposed to demo one for a make and take in January. I have the written instructions for how it is supposed to work, but am having trouble dechipering them. Are there visual instructions for this project anywhere on the web? Help! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleeeeeeeeese make a tutorial on this beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply FANTASTIC Danielle! You are a marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the colors and that sweet image!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!! Love it... Yes, lets bring the heat on! It's cold outside forsure. Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)