Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Score!

Two weeks ago Jackie P. (aka 'the fuzz') challenged the Prettie Girls to incorporate scoring into our projects. I broke out my scoring blade for my Friskars paper cutter and added several scored lines to the bottom edge of a piece of Marigold Morning cardstock. I wanted to create one of those cool diamond patterned backgrounds but well that didn't go so well! To accent my scored lines I added paper piercing between them and a scalloped edge on the bottom! I kept the rest of the card pretty simple just adding a few brads, sewing on a couple buttons with linen thread and adding some scrumptious 7/8" So Saffron Poly-Twill ribbon.

Oh and the little shepard? That is a new Cooper stamp from the all new Paper Pretties The Nativity set. Such a cutie!

I wonder what the rest of the Prettie Girls added scoring too! If you would like to see too, scoot on over to there wonderful blogs: Charmaine Ikach, Jackie Pedro, Jackie Rakoski, Jessica Rone, Jillian Winters, Jodi Collins and Julie Masse.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: The Nativity. Paper: Bashful Blue, Marigold Morning (retired), PaperTrey Ink Select White, Kraft Patterns designer. Ink: black, Copic markers. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Friskars cutting tool w/scoring blade, scalloped edge punch, gold brads, Chit Chat rubons, 7/8" So Saffron Poly-Twill ribbon, clear buttons, needle, linen thread.

7 comments:

  1. So, I'm not the only one without a scor pal, yayyy!! I tried to make the diamond pattern too, but it didn't work...at all!!! Your card is fabulous though, love the colors and coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Don't feel bad, I didn't get a score pal until a few weeks ago LOL. Beautiful card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Danielle! Love the scoring with the Paper Piercing and the colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO totally amazing Danielle!! You ALWAYS stun me with your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Danielle. You have so much talent and know all the perfect little things that finish off a card like the piercing and ribbon (something I REALLY struggle with). That's why I love your blog - SO MUCH inspiration! Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Shepard, he is so cute and I love the colors you used as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)