Sunday, November 2, 2008

Snowman Sunday #2

I have a thing for snowmen stamps (and snowwoman and snowkids too) and I simply cannot resist them so I decided to challenge myself to make a snowperson card every week. So this is week number two... I'm going strong... can I make it to week number three though?! We'll see! :)

Julee at Poetic Artistry posts a Mojo Monday sketch challenge every Monday and I finally managed to find time to work with her lastest sketch: Mojo58. I check them out every week but rarely find the time to play... but I did today!!! I'm a little shocked actually. Especially since I usually deviate from any sketch I try to use and end up with something totally unrecognizable as having been inspired by the original sketch. But I didn't this time - woohoo!

Quick notes: Mr. Twigster was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PaperTrey Ink Select White cardstock. I used a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to perfectly place the strand of lights when stamping them. I then colored the image with Copic Markers and added a touch of glitter to the light bulbs. To finish I added a line of Liquid Applique below his feet, dusted with more glitter and heated with the heat tool until the applique puffed.

Each and every layer except the Chocolate Chip ones were distressed by sponging Bordering Blue Classic ink along the edges. I also added a lot of paper piercing - I'm going through that phase again! To accent the main image I used some of my lovely new PaperTrey Ink ribbon which I'm quickly becoming addicted to and somel gorgeous new My Mind's Eye designer paper. I actually bought two sheets of this paper because I loved it so much when I saw it! Oh and I used lots and lots of dimensionals... lots of them. I'm actually almost out! Must place order for more soon! I buy in bulk - usually five packages or so at a time 'cause running out of them is truly traumatic. Sort of like running out of toilet paper... never a good thing!

One last picture of the card... this is a side shot so you can see how I popped up all of the layers!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Mr. Twigster (Holiday Mini catalog), Sanded, Best Yet (hostess set). Paper: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss, PaperTrey Ink Select white, Snowed in Trees designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Bordering Blue Classic. Other: Spring Moss Swiss Dot Satin ribbon (PaperTrey Ink), silver brads, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge, mat pack, paper piercer, white Liquid Applique, Heat Tool, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 1/4" circle punch.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, Love your Snowman card! I can't get enough Snowman cards - they are my favourite - even though it's summer in Australia at Xmas time! Looking forward to lots more Snowman cards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely adorable Danielle, you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You are so wonderful at putting colors/embellishments together... love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what yummy paper!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner! Love everyt little adorable detail of this card. The bordering blue shading is gorgeous, and I love how you did the sentiment and embellishments. Thanks for playing with my sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them too! This is so cute, great job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! really too cute.
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)