Monday, November 10, 2008

A Vervish Tree

Just a fun card for this cool Monday morning... nice and Fallish! I'm pretending it is still Fall even though there was snow on Sunday. I should never have looked out the window. Luckily none of it stuck on the ground!

The sketch is from the Verve Stamps Holiday Release Sketch Blitz Day #4. They were posting a bunch of really neat sketches this last week and I used one of them for this card.

Other notes: stamped the tree on white cardstock and trimmed so that some of the branches were chopped off. Then stamped a bunch of leaves on some scraps of white cardstock, trimmed and adhered to the tree branches with dimensionals. I then sponged the edges of the cardstock with Baja Breeze Classic ink and matted the image on Close to Cocoa cardstock. The sentiment is a rubon from the Chit Chat set that I affixed to a scrap of Old Olive cardstock. The designer paper is from a Basic Grey 6"x6" pad called Mellow.

Before I forget I wanted to share some Paper Pretties news: Paper Pretties has a new blog called the Paper Clip! Each month you can visit this blog to find out all the SUPER awesome details on upcoming releases, Stampin' In Your Jammies Parties, the Stamp of the Month Club and so much more!

Have a great day! Hopefully nice and warm without a snowflake in sight!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Season of Friendship. Paper: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, PaperTrey Ink Select white, Mellow 6"x6" designer pad (Basic Grey). Ink: Close To Cocoa Classic, Old Olive Classic, Ruby Red Classic, Pumpkin Pie Classic, Baja Breeze Classic. Other: Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon, 1/4" circle punch, silver brads, sponge, dimensionals, Chit Chat rubons, mat pack, paper piercer.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Danielle! I love your trimmed down tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And you are lucky, our snow STUCK, and it's still snowing, grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! super cute! I love the color/layout and how you moved the tree to the side... (i actually have this set but forgot i ordered it... found it when i was prepping for my SAS. YAY!)

    I'm also jealous of your snow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely what a wonderful tree. Hugs marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Danielle. I always love the colors you choose! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Danielle!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Danielle!! I'm so chasing your card. I love this SU! set and your colors just pop FALL. Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)