Saturday, December 13, 2008

Four Snowflakes

What have you been doing this weekend? I've been making a list and checking it twice. Oh yeah, I still have Christmas shopping to do so I've been working on my last minute shopping list hoping to finish it all tomorrow. I can dream, can't I? I also put up my tree and decorated it. Woo hoo - it's beginning to feel like Christmas at my house! Lights on the window and a real wreath on my front door finish up the decorating.

I also have grand plans to actually address some Christmas cards so they can be mailed on Monday. Hmm... we'll see how that goes. Ha ha!

In the meantime I thought I would take a break from the never ending shopping list (must remember to pick up some shampoo too!) and share one of my latest winter creations with you! The only stamping on this card is the sentiment at the bottom. That is it. The rest is punching, glitter and paper!

I punched four snowflakes, sponged their edges with Close to Cocoa ink and adhered some glitter to their centers. These were then attached to 1" Chocolate Chip circles with dimensionals and affixed to a panel of Shimmery white cardstock. This piece was then adhered to a 4" sqaure of vellum. Next up was adhering the vellum to a 4" piece of designer paper. I just used a line of strong tape across the top which was then covered by ribbon when attaching all the layers together. I did this so it could be lifted and the pretty Wassail paper looked at. The designer paper was then layered on a 4 1/8" square of Chocolate chip, the ribbon knotted around all of these layers and then the whole shebang attached to a 4 1/4" Bravo Burgundy card base with dimensionals

Well I'm off to wrap a couple of gifts. A few down, several more to go!!!

P.S. What do you think of my new blog header? I was messing around the other day in Paint Shop Pro and made it! :)

Stamps: Winter Schminter (Whipper Snapper). Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Shimmery White, Wassail designer (Basic Grey), Vellum. Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), Chunky Crystal Glitter (Martha Stewart), Ripe Avocado Swiss Dots satin ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, 1" circle punch.

8 comments:

  1. cute card - your new banner is great! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banner and LOVE your blog!! Your cards ROCK! I am so inspired and would love to be a fly on your craft room wall for a weekend.
    This is my new favorite blog to check out and read/admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two greats...blog header and card. These are both great jobs.
    Happy Holidays
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice banner! And I love your card too! I bought the glitter and can't wait to try it out. It looks so pretty on your snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is gorgeous and your banner is great!

    Will be featuring you on the Inspirational blog this week too. was away last week, so that's why I didn't do it then.

    Merry Christmas!

    Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the MS snowflake punch and the glitter... Can we say Bling!! Yes, I love your blog header... so CUTE!!! Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. The snowflakes are eraly cute.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! Love the little 3D snowflakes and that yummy avocado ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)