Monday, December 1, 2008

Paper Pretties Party Challenge

The party in the Paper Pretties forum earlier tonight was a lot of fun! Lots of announcements (the new Cutie Pie is LuvLee and Christi is joining the Prettie Girl team as a permanent addition) and some great challenges issued by Charmaine. One of the challenges was to make a card designed for a child. Well, I made a mini book instead 'cause I've been into the 3D stuff lately. What can I say, sometimes changing it up is good!

Book details: I made this with my niece Stephanie in mind. Each little page in the book is actually a pocket that can hold a wallet sized picture or two. Like the ones that kids exchange when they get their school photos. I also printed out a name text box that also has room for some notes on each page (gotta love that new printer!).

I uploaded a pdf of my page printout to 4Shared.com. You can download it here. And do the following to create your pages:
1.) Print out on 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock. Each sheet will create two mini book sheets - 4 picture pockets.
2.) Trim 1/2" from the left side and again from the right side.
3.) Cut sheet in half at 5 1/2" (from the top). You will now have two 7 1/2" x 5 1/2" pieces of cardstock.
4.) Score along the top at 1 3/4" - this will be just below the text.
5.) Then score from top to bottom at the halfway mark of 3 3/4".
6.) Next fold the top fold back and then flip the paper over. You should now have a pocket/flap at the bottom of the sheet.
7.) Finally fold the sheet in half with the pocket facing outward.
8.) Repeat until all of your pages for the book are complete. I ended up with 7 pocket inserts (or 14 pockets) - I messed up the eighth one.
9.) Add any stamping or decorating. I stamped some snowflakes in White Craft ink.

For the cover I used two 4" x 4" pieces of chipboard that I covered with designer paper. I then assembled the book using my handy dandy Bind-it-All. I usually assemble before decorating 'cause if you wait until after the cover is decorated it might not fit in the Bind-it-All when punching the binding holes. I used the Snowflake Kisses stamp set, a couple of Martha Stewart glitters, some Thickers sticker numbers and some yummy May Arts ribbon to decorate the cover.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Snowflake Kisses. Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, PTI Select White, designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Versamark, Close to Cocoa Classic, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers, Whispher White Craft. Other: Snow and Crystal glitter (Martha Stewart), Heat 'n Stick powder, Thickers stickers (American Crafts), striped ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, chipboard, white brad, 1" brown O-Wire.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    My name is Clare and I just love ALL your work. It is simply stunning. I am part of a team that runs an inspirational blog and would love to feature some of your work on the blog. We state that no work is to be used for publication purposes etc, and we link to your blog. Would this be okay with you?

    If you want to take a look at the blog, our adress is www.inspirationalcraftblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still totally LOVIN this!! Gorgeous girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Danielle what a great idea!! Thanks for sharing the template too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)