Friday, December 26, 2008

Pretties Challenge

I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas! I spent some time with the family and of course with a plate full of food! This week's challenge is to use some of the newly released stamps (Trim the Tree or Snowflake Kisses) and make a scrapbook page (yup, that is correct) using the sketch over there:

You can find all of the details on the challenge here in the Paper Pretties forum.

I hope you join in the fun. And if the sketch inspires you to make a card... well, I'd really like to see those too so be sure to leave a comment here or in the Paper Pretties forum with a link to your super duper creation. :)

Quick notes on the project: I stamped Sophia in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with copic markers. I then masked her and inked the snow around her with VersaMark, coated with Heat 'n Stick powder, heat set, then coated again with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set. So very sparkly! Although I could have skipped the Heat 'n Stick step (rolling my eyes here!).

For fun I attached a clear button to Felt Flurry using a big epoxy brad from Basic Grey. I then attached the accent to the page with Stampin' dimensionals. I did this a second time for a snowflake on the lower half of the page. For additional bling I added some self-adhesive rhinestone gems. Love 'em - going to have to buy more of them in more colors. To create the title I used white foam Thicker Stickers and some white rubons ("warm" and "wishes"). The half circles were cut using the Coluzzle cutting system and a circle template.

I left an open spot on the bottom half circle for some journaling once a picture is actually added to the page.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Snowflake Kisses. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, PTI Select White, designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, VersaMark. Other: Thickers (American Crafts), Felt Flurries, Epoxy Brads (Basic Grey), Clear buttons, Chit Chat rubons, rhinestones (KaiserCrafts), Heat 'n Sticker powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Coluzzle cutting system, mat pack, paper piercer, heat tool.

3 comments:

  1. Danielle...this page is GORGEOUS!! I love the colors, your coloring of Sophia, and all the beautiful little details. Just perfect! Now to try this one out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love the big letters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no you didn't!!!! A scrapbook challenge huh...maybe I SHOULD play along this time!! Awesome sketch and challenge, as always girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)