Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pretties Thursday Penguin Style

Do you like penguins? I do! This little penguin from Paper Pretties always brings a smile to my face!

I paired him with some gorgeous Wassail paper and brads from Basic Grey and some pretty felt ribbon and snowflake from SU!. I really liked my clear button layered with a brad that I posted yesterday so I did the same for this card. And added a Felt Flurry to the mix for even more texture.

I sponged all layers with Chocolate Chip Classic ink and distressed with the distressing tool. I also added some paper piercing for even more texture.

A sentiment was stamped in Winter White Craft ink on Chocolate Chip cardstock and heat set. It was then affixed to the main image with two little brads from Basic Grey.

To create the triangles I cut a 3 1/2" square of Old Olive cardstock and cut in half from corner to corner. I did the same on a 3 1/4" sqaure of Wassail designer paper.

I think that is it for any special instructions... the rest was just using a whole lot of adhesive and dimensionals to adhere all of the layers together. I do so love my dimensions. :)

Cool Paper Pretties News!
Did you see that Paper Pretties is the sponsor of the December issue of SheetLoad? Sheetloads is an online magazine (aka eZine) featuring a sketch and a bunch of samples made by talented artists using that sketch!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Snowflake Kisses. Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, Wassail designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Whisper White Craft, Chocolate Chip Classic, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Little Felt Flurries, clear button, Wassail brads (Basic Grey), Alpine Ribbon Originals, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, distressing tool.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love your split corners, felt ribbon and SU! felt flurries... Fantastic card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I just love this card, the colors, the layout, the embellishments....love it all! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog while looking for some Christmas craft ideas and I enjoyed my visit here. You're such a creative person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colors and patterns all together! Wonderful!! Love the Trim the Tree card too from Wednesday - the brad on the button is cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)