Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Going going plaid!

Two weeks ago Prettie Girl Jackie R. challenged the rest of us to make a card using plaid patterned paper. Huh. I haven't used plaid in a long time so I had to really go digging through my huge pile of designer paper and found some that I bought years ago! I could tell it was really old cause it was towards the bottom of the stack. :)

For more inspiration check out what the rest of the Prettie Girls have made for this week's colorful challenge:
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Quick notes: I stamped the all new January SOTM Paper Prettie, Gliding By Sophia, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I then masked the image and the ground (torn piece of scrap paper) and sponged some Brocade Blue Classic ink onto the exposed portions of the cardstock to create a blue sky. Sophia's dress was paper pieced from the same plaid designer paper I used in the background. Next I cut the image out with a rectangular Nestabilitie and embossed. I added a bit of paper piercing along the embossed edge for extra oomph! I then layered on a scalloped rectangle of Always Artichoke (used another Nestabilitie) and finnaly on a piece of paper pierced Kraft cardstock.

For the background I layered a paper pierced piece of green plaid designer paper on a slightly larger mat of Chocolate Chip. This was then adhered to a 5 1/8" square piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock. Some paper piercing was added to the upper right corner and ribbon knotted around all three layers. This was then mounted on a 5 1/4" Kraft cardbase and the main image was adhered on top of both with dimensionas. Some die cut stars were paper pierced, decorated with exposy brads and added to the card with more dimensionals. The final step was to stamp a sentiment on Brocade Blue cardstock, trim and adhere to the left edge of the main image. Woo... that was a lot of layering and paper piercing but it turned out cute, right?

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Gliding By Sophia (January SOTMC image). Paper: Kraft, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Always Artichoke, PTI Select White, Green Plaid designer (Paper Pizzaz). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brocade Blue Classic, Copic markers. Other: Stars #2 die (Sizzix, available at Stampin' Up!), Wassail epoxy brads (Basic Grey), mat pack, paper piercer, Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, dimensionals, sponge.

9 comments:

  1. GAWJUS...just GAWJUS Danielle! This is a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi is right, this IS GAWJUS....love the mix of patterns on Sophia's skirt and wrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love this ice-skater stamp. She´s such a cuttie.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Danielle. I just love how you are so meticulous with your posts, and your cards. I have featured you on the inspriational blog so if you want to go to www.inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com you can pick up a banner for your blog.

    I have also left a little award on my blog for you too. Merry Christmas! Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautifully intricate and immaculate designs you make. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Danielle....WOW. This is beautiful! I love the rich colors and her cute plaid dress...and that paper piercing is wonderful!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowee!! I love everything about this!! This is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is TOTALLY cute!! Love the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE this . .. is it coming to me??? :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)