Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Heatin' It Up!

He he... what a misleading title considering this card is very frozen with all the snow and ice! I used the brand spanking new January SOTMC stamp: Gliding By Sophia and the newly re-released Snowflake Kisses. I really really love this Sophia - just too cute!

The challenge details: Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to use their Heat Guns. For my card I heat embossed some white snowflakes on a blue background... 'cause you can never have enough snow right?

For more inspiration check out what the rest of the Prettie Girls have made for this week's challenge:
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Here is a close up of the super sweet new Sophia. I colored her with Copic markers and then masked so that I could sponge the background around her with Bashful Blue Classic ink. I also masked the ground around her feet to create the look of an ice rink, adding some Dazzling Diamonds glitter for an extra icy feel. Brrr....

To finish I stamped the sentiment a couple of times on Mellow Moss cardstock and cut out with a Word Window punch. These labels were then tied to the Chocolate ribbon with linen thread.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Gliding By Sophia (January SOTMC), Snowflake Kisses. Paper: Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, PTI Select White, Snow Time designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic, Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Copic markers. Other: Winter White embossing powder, Word Window punch, 1/4" circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, linen thread, heat tool, Chocolate Swiss Dots Ribbon (PTI), vintage brads, dimensionals.

* I've had several requests for a tutorial for this slider card. I'll be working on a nifty tutorial with lots of pictures this coming weekend so expect that in a week or two. :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow what agorgeous card. I love the snow and ice, the image is so cute to. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love how you made the ice sparkle.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! This will be my first SOTM since I signed up yesterday. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable, Danielle! The colors are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Danielle!! love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY??!?!?!?!? This is going in my favorites bookmark! I don't even know where to start I love EVERYTHING about it! Gorgeous and super fun challenge, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)