Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pretties Weekly Challenge

This week's Paper Pretties challenge is to use either the Simply Special stamp set or the One of Those Days set (or both if you'd like!) and the following sketch to make a card:

For more details on the challenge check out this thread in the Paper Pretties forum.

I decided to use the Simply Special stamp set and some of my new Urban Prairie paper from Basic Grey. I'm not sure why I picked a piece of designer paper with turquoise and celery in it! Ugh! I had the most difficult time making those colors work for me - although I do like the end result. I guess sometimes it is good to work outside your comfort zone. Naw... give me Brown and Blue and I'm a much happier crafter! :)

The main image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers. I used a black pen to draw the line and masked the pot, plant and table and sponged some So Saffron Classic ink around the image to create the look of a wall behind the can. I then sponged the edges with Old Olive and layered on an Old Olive mat. I added a tiny little adhesive pearl to each corner. I just got those pearls and am loving them!

For the next layer I cut a couple of strips of Certainly Celery cardstock, stamped the Sanded background in Old Olive ink on both and the sentiment from the Simply Special set on just the one. I then inked the edges with more Old Olive Classic ink, paper pierced and added faux stitching with a white gel pen. These layers were than mounted on a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock (also sponged with Old Olive) and Felt Flowers with button centers sewed to the left side of each. Yup... I used a needle and some linen thread to sew those puppies in place!

For the final layer I cut a piece of designer paper, sponged the edges, paper pierced, added faux stitching and layered on a slightly larger piece of Tempting Turquoise. To finish I added a bit of ribbon and assembled the card using lots of dimensionals of course!!

Stamps: Simply Special (Paper Pretties), Sanded Background (SU!). Paper: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, PTI Select White, Urban Prairie designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive Classic, So Saffron Classic, Copic markers, White Gel pen. Other: Flower Fusion Too, Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, dimensionals, Champagne pearls (Kaiser), Ripe Avocade Swiss Dots Satin ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely sketch. You made such a fabulous card. I love everything about it. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh super cute and yeah! I think i'm gonna play today! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sketch, Danielle! Your card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Danielle....stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)