Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Resolution for the New Year

One of the resolutions I am making for the New Year is to organize myself and make a list of people that I should be sending birthday cards to each month. Of course that means I should also make some birthday cards! The list would be no good if there is no pretty to mail. :)

On that note here is the first of my 2009 birthday cards. This one uses some cute Whipper Snapper stamps and some lovely textured designer paper from Brenda Walton. Hopefully I can make a bunch of cards in January and at least be set for a while. I may even make multiples of my favorites... maybe.

Quick notes: Main image was stamped twice on PTI Select White. First image was completely colored with Copic markers. On the second image only two of the gifts were colored. They were then cut out and adhered with dimensionals over the first image for some extra pop! To create the background I used the numbers from the 29 Again cling set and randomly placed them on an acrylic block creating my own custom numbered background. I then repeated stamped my faux backround on the Cool Caribbean layer of cardstock. That is it for the tricks on this card! :)

All images copyright Whipper Snapper. Stamps: 29 Again (Anna Wight cling set), Pile of Presents. Paper: Cool Caribbean, Buckaroo Blue, Vintage Violet, PTI Select White, designer (Brenda Walton). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Baja Breeze Classic. Other: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, vintage brads, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals.

14 comments:

  1. gud one buddy... it's interesting and cool!!! visit my blog and give me ur comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great colors.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Daniƫlle. Wonderful colors. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this whole card, and especially the dimension you added to the gift images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Danielle! Your coloring is SUPER FABU and I LOVE this WS stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Danielle! I love those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The dimension is great. Looks like you are off to a fabulous New Year and I hope it just gets better! Love looking at your cards every day. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just FABULOUS!! Thanks for sharing... Smiles! :) HAPPY NEW YEAR and happy stamping in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! and the popped gifts are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card!! Love the color combo and the popped up presents are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, oh, oh!!! LOVE it! I adore the colors, how you dimensionalized (oh dear, I'm making up words now!) some of the gifts. I so need that stamp now!
    (along with a billion others!)
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)