Monday, January 5, 2009

Card Organizer Times Two

Are you experiencing deja vu? A couple of months ago I decorated another one of these card organizers and I had so much fun doing so that I had to make another but in green and brown. This was actually a gift for a stamping buddy and I've been waiting to share pictures of it until I wouldn't spoil the surprise. :)

I used some of the Ski Slope Designer paper from Stampin' Up! to cover the box. All outside surfaces including the back with the brown paper and then the fronts of the pockets with the white/green/brown patterned paper. To adhere and seal the paper I used some Perfect Paper Adhesive (like mod podge). I also sponged some Chocolate Chip Classic ink along the edges for a distressed look.

To finish I added some ribbon and a decorated label (from Sweet Celebrations set). I used some felt flowers and a big epoxy brad from Basic Grey and built a lovely layered flower. For the sentiment I used one of the words from Fundamental Phrases and cut it out with the oval punch. All edges of the label had Chocolate Chip Classic ink sponged on them. Label was adhered to the box with dimensionals.

Of course the card organizer can be used to hold more than just cards. Maybe a bunch of stamping goodies?! :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Sweet Celebrations, Fundamental Phrases. Paper: Kraft, Old Olive, Ski Slope designer. Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic, Old Olive Classic. Other: Wassail Epoxy brad (Basic Grey), oval punch, silver brads, dimensionals, Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon, sponge, foam brush, Perfect Paper Adhesive, paper mache card organizer.

*** Edited to Add: Just wanted to let all of you know that the place I purchased these paper mache card organizers still has them! You can find them at USArtQuest and here is a link directly to the paper mache page. These are called the Two Tier Card Holder. USArtQuest is also were I purchase the Perfect Paper Adhesive (matte finish usually).

15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Danielle! Are you taking orders? What would a Mama have to do to get one of these beauties to put her new calendar in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her sucking up...just don't forget your favorite DT coordinator, kay???!!

    Seriously though, this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you guys are bad!! You can come over to my house and look at MY beautiful organizer!! I just LOVE it Danielle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this organizer...will have to look for one myself now!!! Or maybe I should just suck up like the others??? Could be useful for baby items...right??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you girls are cracking me up! :) He he... although I do still have four of these boxes left to alter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, love it, love it! Where did you find the organizer? I'm sure if I can find one I will buy it and it will sit in my "to do" pile for a few years, but I can dream....or should I start sucking up too!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! Well, we know Jules is a very, very lucky girl! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I can't wait to make one myself. Do you think my 11-year-old Girl Scouts could do it or am I being overly ambitious?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is spectacular!! Seriously adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this What a nice gift or to have on your desk at work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this, Danielle! It's just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, Danielle! This is one fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky Lucky, Jules!! This is amazing, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous gift!! I bet she went nuts for this!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is great! I've been looking at one at my LSS for a while now, I think I may have to do one soon! tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)