Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chocolate-y Goodness

Can you tell what my favorite flavor of ice cream is? Chocolate all the way! Although sometimes I do switch it up and have Chocolate Mint Chip or Moose Tracks or that other one with chocolate chunks or brownies. Hee... can you see a pattern here? :)

Chocolate aside, I did make this card for My Favorite Things' (aka MFT) January Ambassador Challenge to create a one layered card. One layer? Usually not my thing but this time it worked and I actually like the card I made. Of course the subject matter might be swaying my opinion... just a bit. :)

Quick notes (really quick since there is only one layer!): I used Nestabilities (Scalloped Rectangle and Rectangle) to create the embossing. I nested a rectangle die inside a scalloped rectangle die and ran through my Wizard die cutting system using the embossing pad (embosses instead of cutting). The ice cream cones were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored with Copic markers. I added a bit of Mica Flakes to the tops of the cones for an extra Yum-O factor. I punched two holes and set jumbo eyelets in them. Through the eyelets I looped two different colors of taffeta ribbon and knotted. That's it... another simple yet fun card!

Closeup of the ice cream cones so you can see the glitter better.

All images copyright MFT. Stamps: Here's the Scoop. Paper: PTI Select White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Kraft and Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbons, Antique Brass jumbo eyelets, Mica Flakes Glitter (Martha Stewart).

5 comments:

  1. this is so nice love how you did the embossing with the nesties and added the mica glitter to the tops
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY~! You and Jess are packing on my virtual calories for today LOL! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice-lucky person who gets that card sent to them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this! hope can get that "toy' one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I love the double embossing in the middle! What a great way to dress up a one layer card...to make it look like more layers! (P.S. I love ice cream in almost any flavor!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)