Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Lookin' Good

Have you seen this week's Prettie Challenge Sketch? Hee... I think I outdid myself on this one and can you tell that I was thinking warm thoughts when I drew it? You can find more details on the challenge at The PaperClip (the fabulous Paper Pretties blog) or in the Paper Pretties forum.

You would think after drawing this sketch I would use a bunch of bright colors on my card. But nope, I went with glitz and glam. I do believe I was subconsciously thinking of this card by the talented Jana and it heavily influenced my creation. Thanks for letting me borrow some of your stamping mojo Jana! :)

Also, there is something unusual about this card. Can you tell? I didn't use a single brad and I didn't paper pierce. Yikes! However I did use a lot of glitter to give Wade an extra sparkly hat and vest. All this card needs is a disco ball and some music: "Stayin' Alive! Stayin' Alive! Ah ah ah ah Stayin' Aliveeeeeee." He he he.

In other notes I did add a pointy edge to the red designer paper using a 1/4" square punch. The circle was cut with the Coluzzle cutting system and the cirlce template. I've heard a rumor that Stampin' Up! is going to be releasing a new circle cutting tool with their new catalog. Maybe oh maybe I can finally replace my coluzzle!

Here is a closeup of the extremely handsome and sparkly Wade as well as the pointy border. Ah... my little disco dancing gent!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Wade E. Bug (Paper Pretties), 29 Again (Whipper Snapper). Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, PTI Select White, Ski Slope designer, Gray patterned paper (American Crafts). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markes. Other: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 2-way glue pen, 1/4" square punch, Coluzzle cutting system and circle template, dimensionals.

9 comments:

  1. This card is so cute, I love it. All your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...so YOU'RE the one who stole my mojo?? I've been looking for that! ;-) LOVE this card. His sparkle is just perfect...and I truly believe Wade just screams for sparkle and pizzaz! Great job...hopefully I'll get to make one with this awesome sketch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. The image is adorable.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute! I love that sparkly vest and hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute love the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Danielle, LOOK how fabulous Wade looks! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! LOve the glittery little bug!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)