Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Nom Nom Nom

Do you have a favorite Valentine's candy? Hee... mine are Peppermint Nougats by Brach. Yum-o! I could just eat a whole bag of those! However since I like to share I thought I would put a half dozen or so of them into this neat little box that I made for this week's Prettie Challenge to make a box.

You can find all of the details on the challenge in the Paper Prettie's Challenge Forum or at The Paper Clip (where you can find all of the latest Paper Pretties' news!). There is also a sketch and some notes on how I made my little box over there. :)

First off, here is a shot of the front of the box. I did punch a hole to create a window so that the yummy nougats would peek through. Proof that I didn't eat all of the candy. Heh heh!

Here is a shot of the side and the top of the box. I stamped the sides with the cookie from Sweets for the Sweet. I also added bit speckling using a stamp from SU!. For the top I layered to flowers and sewed a red button onto them with linen thread.

The box was accented with some pretty red patterned designer paper from Basic Grey and Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon from SU!.

To finish here is a shot of the box opened. Those candies are just screaming "EAT ME". Nobody will know if one goes missing, right? LOL!

Stamps: Sweets for the Sweet (Paper Pretties), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU). Paper: Riding Hood Red, Wassail designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red Classic. Other: Painterly Prints Harmony flowers (Prima), Wassail Button (Basic Grey), linen thread, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, acetate, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals, slot punch.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Love this box and you've decorated it perfectly.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy box!! HOpe to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)