Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Casing Another Prettie Girl

Two weeks ago Julie challenged the Prettie Girls to case a Prettie Girl. How fun! I get to case one of my fellow talented teammates. Now for the hard part of the challenge - picking just one card to case! LOL!

I finally made a selection and choose this fabulous card by Jodi. Isn't it sweet?! I love the layout, the pearls and everything about the card. I did switch it up a bit for my card and used a slightly different color scheme, stamp and added a button. Just one button... and it has a purpose. A most purposeful button is a good button dontcha' agree?

Want to see what the rest of the team created? Check them out here:
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Quick notes: I stamped Bunny Hop Sophia (February SOTMC image) in Memento Tuxedo Black and Colored with Copic markers. I added just a touch of shimmer to the bunny ears, eggs and shoes with a Clear Copic AtYou Spica pen. Do you see her hair? I went with a subtle light brown/dark blond dye job this time. I thought about making her a red head but decided that might be a bit much with the red and pink dress. :)

For the sentiment I used the designer label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch and large oval punch. Added some piercing to the circle and sandwiched 'em all together using dimensionals to adhere the large oval cutout on top of the other two pieces.

Let me start off by saying... this might be confusing. For the ribbon treatment I punched a hole with the slot punch through the Cameo Coral, designer paper and Real Red layers. The ribbon was then wrapped around all three of these layers so that both ends were sticking out from the left side of the card. I then ran some linen thread through a button, through the top of the punched slot and out the back of the card. I then scrunched the ribbon up so that it was narrower than the punched slot and ran the linen thread over it and back through the opening to the front of the card where I finished the loop by threading it through the second buttonhole. I tightened the linen thread up at this point and did the loop a second time and tied off the linen thread in a bow on the front. I'm liking the look of this a lot - I'll probably be adding this button ribbon technique to my favorites! :)

Here is a shot of the back before I finished assembling the card. Probably much easier to understand than my explanation above! LOL! :)

All image copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Bunny Hop Sophia*. Paper: Cameo Coral Textured, Naturals Ivory, Riding Hood Red, PTI Select White, Laundry Line Sundress "Heirloom" Pretty Vintage designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Clear Copic AtYou Spica pen. Other: Wassail button (Basic Grey), Very Vanilla/Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon, slot punch, designer label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, large oval punch, Champagne self-adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft), linen thread, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals.

* You can find more details about the Paper Pretties' Stamp of the Month Club here.

9 comments:

  1. Good grief! You put me to SHAME girl...this is RIDICULOUSLY fabulous...you ROCK girl...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, can I just say that I am SO happy you didn't CASE me...LOL!! THis is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CUTE card!!!!!!!!your coloring is just remarkable !!!!!tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tha card is adorable! Love the image.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your cards.. such pretty colors. But I'm wondering..how do you get the bulky cards like the one with the "side bow" into envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Danielle!! Beautiful card! That ribbon/button thing is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH girl this is SOOOO gorgeous! WOWZA~ wasn't it HARD to pick your fave? I hope I did you a MODERATE amt of justice LOL...I really had fun working w/ those colors though and always love your distressing. as for this card, GAWJUS as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How in the world did you learn to do a bow like this one? I love the effect and you explained it very well. As usual you have made a very pretty card. Thanks for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)