Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Trading Cards

Yeah, I'm a day late with my Paper Pretties challenge card. I was having some issues Tuesday night finishing the card and wasn't home at all on Wednesday to complete it! But I did today and I'm happy to share it with you! Yay!

Two weeks ago Jackie Pedro challenged the Prettie Girls to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card) and then use it on a full sized card. I love this challenge! Although I did have to look up the size of an ATC. It's 2.5" x 3.5" by the way. :)

For my ATC I used the Snowflake Kisses stamp set and some pretty glitter embossed designer paper from My Mind's Eye. I stamped the mitts on PTI Select White cardstock, colored with Copic markers, cut out and embellished. I then stamped the same image on the embossed paper, paper pierced the edges and then mounted the colored gloves on top of it with dimensionals. To finish, I layered on Bordering Blue and added ribbon before layering again on Basic Gray and finishing with two silver brads.

For the full sized card I cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Ski Slope designer paper, paper pierced the edges and layered on another slightly larger piece of Basic Gray cardstock. I then stamped a sentiment and mounted on a River Rock cardbase. I added the ATC with dimensionals and accented the finished piece with a couple of diecut stars and rhinestones.

Do you want to see what the rest of the team made? I thought so! Here are links to their blogs:
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Also, the fantastically talented Julie Masse is this week's challenge issuer and she even has a challenge for you (including blog candy!). Check it out here!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Snowflake Kisses (Paper Pretties). Paper: River Rock, Basic Gray, Bordering Blue, PTI Select white, Laundry Line designer (My Mind's Eye), Ski Slope designer (Stampin' Up!). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Clear Spica AtYou Glitter pen. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, adhesive rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Bashful Blue Taffeta ribbon, Stars #2 Sizzix Die (available from SU!), dimensionals.

8 comments:

  1. Danielle, this is so cute - it was worth the wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what was holding you up, but this is FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love hte ATC and you made it work so well on the card.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Danielle!! Definitely worth the wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! I love the stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle... just so nicely put together! FUn colors and how you raised the mittens. The stars are fun too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful atc and the card is just as beautiful. I love ATC, I used it all the time when t need to make a quick card.tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)