Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Urp!

Two weeks ago Charmaine challenged the Prettie Girls to use... pastels... as in... chalks. Eek! So uh, do me a favor and don't look too closely at my coloring job today. Okay? Maybe even take off your glasses or remove your contacts or even hold a piece of cellophane in front of your face... might look a wee bit better blurry. :)

If you would like to see more pastel-y goodness, check out the rest of the Prettie Girls:
Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Now it is my turn to issue the Prettie Girl Challenge. I debated this for a while after completing the pastel challenge. Do I feel bad for myself and the rest of the Prettie Girls and should therefore issue an easy challenge? Or not? Hmmm... well, hopefully the girls will think this one is fun. Hee hee. My challenge is to use a texture-y material on your card (not including ribbon or Primas). So cut/die-cut some felt, cork, vinyl, fabric or whatnot and plop it on your card. Heck you can even use marshmallows. ;)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Bunny Hop Sophia (February SOTMC). Paper: Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou, Buckaroo Blue, PTI Select White, Bazzill, Chick-a-doo designer (SEI). Ink: black, Creamy Caramel Classic. Other: Wide Oval punch, designer label punch, Stars #2 Die (Sizzix - available from SU!), mat pack, paper piercer, vintage brads, medium metallic brads (Recollections), Swiss Dots ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, Button Bouquet, linen thread, Stampin' Pastels, blender pen.

10 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable and your coloring is fantastic compared to mine! LOL Fun challenge too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would rock this and you didn't disappoint...wowsa Danielle..is there anything you can't color with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really adorable...and your title made me literally LOL... marshmallows, huh? I'm gonna have to think about this... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. See! This is so pretty!!! I really wasn't worried!! Great job Danielle - and FUN challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you are NUTS cause it looks FABULOUS...and boy aren't you gonna die when you see that we all put marshmallows on our cards...

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha to funny ... marshmallows hehe ... love your card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cellophane???? So funny....you are way too hard on yourself! This is awesome!! Like Jodi said is there anything you can't color with?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's adorable! I love the star and button combo and the ribbon is YUM'O!! My contacts are in, and it's still looks lovely!! Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)