Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pretties Wednesday

Two weeks ago Jana issued the Prettie Girls a very specific card recipe for the challenge! On your card you needed to use the following:

1 dry embossed piece (embossing folders and texture plates count!)
* I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on my card base. Check!

2 pieces of patterened paper
* I used two different patterned papers from The Green Stack: one with trees the other with words. Check!

3 colors of solid cardstock (this includes any neutrals you use)
* I used Kraft, Chocolate Chip and PTI Select white: hmm... all neutrals. Check!

4 embellishments
* I used one piece of hemp twine, one piece of Alphine Ribbon Originals and two jumbo eyelets. Check!

5 layers

At the thickest point there is exactly five layers: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Patterned (trees), Patterned (words) and white. Check!

Whew - I didn't mess the challenge up! At least I don't think I did. You'll have to let me know for sure Jana! :) AND I also made this card for last week's Prettie Weekly Challenge #36 which was to use the stamp set Rainy Day Friends and/or Howdy Girlfriend and eyelets to make a card. You can see more details on the challenge here.

If you would like to see more takes on Jana's challenge, check out the rest of the Prettie Girls:
Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Howdy Girlfriend. Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, The Green Stack (DCWV). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip Classic, Copic markers. Other: Alpine Ribbon Originals, Hemp Twine, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, Swiss Dots embossing folder (CuttleBug), sponge.

10 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! LOVE how you colored our little cowgirl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are one of the FEW that didn't mess it up, LOL!!! Jackie said she was too tired to take me in though...hehe. Super cute Danielle, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and adorable cowgirl.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute love the cowgirl
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! :D Your coloring is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supercalafragalisticexpealadocious!!! WOWOWO!! LOVE this girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I think you were the most spot-on for this challenge - well - you and Frances! :-) Great job...LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza! This is adorable and I LOVE LOVE the colors! You do such a good job with them, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl!!!! This is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)