Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow... Oh So Wonderful Snow!

I just wanted to start this post off by saying that I'm done with snow. I am so over shoveling it, snow blowing it and driving through it. Blurgh! In the last 28 hours or so I've removed snow from my driveway (which is way too big) and my porch (again oversized) twice and it has snowed a couple more inches since then. Yurk! My bottom feels cold just thinking about going outside and doing it all over again tomorrow. Which is why instead of sharing a couple of winter cards I've made over the last week or two I am going to skip forward and share a Spring card I made today.

First off I used the latest sketch by Jen del Muro at i{heart}2stamp.com. It was perfect for a Spring card! :) Also have you seen on Jen's blog that she is doing a huge blog candy giveaway? All you have to do is make a card or two and mail it. Check out the deets here.

Next I used some new Kim Hughes stamps I ordered earlier in the week from Cornish Heritage Farms. I don't know how they bribed the post office but those stamps traveled FAST!

To create the scene I stamped the pudgy squirrel then masked him and stamped the tree. Added a few bumblebees for the fun of it. Next I drew some grass to finish the scene and then colored with my Copic markers (skip the leaves and flowers for now). I stamped the tree a second time on another piece of cardstock and cut out the top portion, which was colored and then adhered over the first tree with dimensionals. I added a bit of shimmer to the flower centers with a Copic AtYou Spica pen. Finished card size is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".

Nice and Spring-y isn't it? :)

Stamps: Kim Hughes Spring Trees (Cornish Heritage Farms), Sanded Background (SU!). Paper: Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, PTI Select White, Soft Sky Prints designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Certainly Celery Classic, Copic markers, Copic AtYou Spica pens. Other: Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, mat pack, paper piercer, Wide Oval punch, dimensionals.

8 comments:

  1. jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com)January 10, 2009 at 11:42 PM

    this is so cute! this chf set is great! thanks for playing! hugs-jd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so lovely
    Bye
    LAURENCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling, Danielle! CHF has some of the fastest shipping around!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and I'm certainly welcoming spring any time now! I love how you used the hardware. I have them, too, but I'm hoarding them and I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)