Saturday, January 17, 2009

This May Look Like a Cupcake...

But you never know what is inside! Sorry, I couldn't resist. This Cupcake Kitty from Whipper Snapper Designs looks like he has done something very bad yet very funny. LOL! I stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I used Copic AtYou Spica pens to add a bit of glitter to the candle flame and the pom pom on the hat. And added a touch of Crystal Effects to the cupcak frosting.

For the sentiment I stamped "Eat Cake" (from the 29 Again cling set) in Memento Tuxedo black on Tempting Turquoise cardstock and cut out with the Designer Label punch. I then knotted a piece of ribbon around the punch out. After which I attached a label from Stampin' Up!'s Styled Silver Hodgepodge hardware set. In retrospect I would tie the ribbon around the hardware instead of just the cardstock as it was a bit of a pain to keep the hardware stuck to the cardstock with the bulky ribbon in the way. I ended up coating the cardstock with Crystal Effects and holding the metal label to it until it dried a bit. Oh... I also used some metal snips to cut off parts of the metal label (the pieces with the holes for the brads).

Finished card size is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".

All images copyright Whipper Snapper. Stamps: 29 Again Anna Wight Cling set, Cupcake Kitty. Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, PTI Select White, Urban Prairie designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Copic AtYou Spica pens. Other: Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, Styled Silver Hodgepodge hardware, silver brads (Recollections), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Crystal Effects.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the cats expression. Very naughty. :)
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute love the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)