Friday, February 13, 2009

Birthday Book!

I'm really excited to share the latest project that I've been working on for the last month. It's a perpetual calendar for birthdays! All I need to do now that it is finished is add everyone's birthday to the book. Then I'll be all set to remember to send out cards... hopefully on time! :)

Would you like some details on the book? Okay, here goes - hold on to your knickers this is going to be a long post with lots and lots of pictures!

The book is actually quite big - the covers are 4" x 10 1/2" pieces of chipboard covered with designer paper. To decorate I added green glittery chipboard letters by American Crafts to Basic Black cardstock to spell out 'birthdays'. Next I added paper piercing to the edges of the black cardstock and mounted on a piece of Pixie Pink cardstock.

I then stamped five cupcakes from the Anna Wight cling set Happy Birthday and colored with Copic markers. I then coated the frosting with Crystal Effects and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. When dry I cut out and adhered to the Pixie Pink cardstock, the orange and purple were added with dimensionals. Next I mounted the piece on Certainly Celery cardstock and scalloped the bottom edge. To finish the decorations I added black brads and affixed a Heidi Swapp ghost flower with a big black polka dotted epoxy brad.

Look at those cupcakes - they are just so yummy and bright and colorful. Now if only they were really made of chocolate cake!

The pages in the book are just a tad smaller and have tabs at the bottom. I actually created the calendar pages in Adobe Illustrator and then printed on PTI Select white cardstock. Oh - would you like a Pdf of my perpetual calendar doc? Hmmm... I guess I can share! :)

You can download a copy of the Pdf HERE.

It is six pages long, fitting two months on each page. I've added light gray cut marks on the document to indicate where I cut.

After printing and cutting the pages I mounted each one on Basic Black cardstock. I then stamped an image and sentiment on the bottom, colored with Copic markers and decorated. I didn't think ahead though so some of the images are covered by the tabs I added at the bottom. I grouched a bit when I went to add the tabs and realized what I did, but I still love how it all turned out. :) I used the Round Tab punch from SU! to cut the tabs and then added a black labels made with a Dymo Letter Buddy. The tabs were then stapled to the pages.

To finish the book I bound it together using my Bind-it-All and black 1" O-wires.

Of course I had to add some ribbon to the binding since I had neglected to use it anywhere else on the project!

Hope you enjoy the project! Now I'm off to add some birthdays... wonder where I have those? In my address book? Some in Outlook? Some in Facebook? Oh boy... this could take a while!

Here is a list of all the ingredients used on the project. After which are shots of each page bottom and the specific Anna Wight stamp sets I used on that page and any special accents.

Stamps: 29 Again!, Cozy Critters, Happy Birthday, Good Times, Hello Neighbor, Love at Home (Anna Wight cling sets from Whipper Snapper). Paper: Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Ballet Blue, Basic Black, PTI Select White, Birthday Green designer (DieCuts With a View), Bali Breeze designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Creamy Caramel Classic, Copic makers, Copic AtYou Spica glitter pens. Other: Heidi Swapp ghost flower, epoxy brad (???), black brads (Recollections), Cucumber Sprinkles Thickers (American Crafts), Scalloped edge punch, Round Tab punch, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Mica flakes (Martha Stewart), Crystal Effects, Liquid Applique, staples and stapler, Bind-it-All, 1" black O-wires, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss and Summer Rain Swiss Dots Satin ribbon (PTI), Dymo Letter Buddy.

Jan - Happy Birthday stamp set, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Copic AtYou Spica Pen.

Feb - 29 Again and Happy Birthday stamp sets, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Copic AtYou Spica Pen.

Mar - 29 Again and Happy Birthday stamp sets, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Apr - 29 Again and Happy Birthday stamp sets, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

May - 29 Again and Happy Birthday stamp sets, Mica Flake glitter (Martha Stewart).

Jun - 29 Again and Good Times stamp sets, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Jul - Good Times stamp set, Crystal Effects, Creamy Caramel Classic ink.

Aug - 29 Again and Love at Home stamp sets, Copic AtYou glitter pens.

Sep - Good Times stamp set, Crystal Effects, Copic AtYou glitter pens.

Oct - 29 Again and Hello Neighbor stamp sets, Copic AtYou glitter pens.

Nov - 29 Again and Cozy Critters stamp sets, Liquid Applique, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Dec - 29 Again and Cozy Critters stamp sets, Liquid Applique, Copic AtYou glitter pen.

18 comments:

  1. love your project! I am sefinitely going to try this. Thanks for the pdf!
    Hugs from Pakistan!
    VIBGYOR Krafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously, I don't know if I'm more impressed by this JAW DROPPING book or by the time it must have taken you to UL all the pics to Blogger LOL!!! No, seriously...this book is GORGEOUS, Danielle! Wow! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle...thanks for sharing the PDF for the Perpetual calendar sheets. I have been searching for one with no luck until today. I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this!!! Not only am I adding this to my "Must Make" list but it's going at the top! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, You will want to make cards, because you will want to look at your book again and again. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project Danielle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Danielle! Now go enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME Danielle! This project rocks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is flippin FANTASTICAL!!! I totally NEED one of these...can I place an order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the cutest Birthday Book!! I love the embellies, DP and color mix... Such fun idea! TFS... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Danielle,
    this is such a beautiful calendar. I LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this birthday book! It's so clever and OH SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! You have some amazing cards and projects...love your work :) Ohhh..and thank you for sharing the PDF for the calendar sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgoeus work thank u for the pdf love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)