Monday, February 9, 2009

GSGC14: A Green Thanks

I had some time tonight to stamp and thought I would give some lovin' to Kristin's challenge over at the Great Swap Girls blog. Especially since she called us out on not participating in the last one... oops! Truly, I did mean to participate but my stamping mojo just wasn't cooperating... it really wanted to feed a mermaid. :)

So what is the challenge? At first glance it is a doozie but my card actually ended up being really quick to make... under an hour! Which for me is very fast! Oh... you want to know the challenge? It is called: Limited Supply Challenge - Monochromatic Mayhem and here are the details:

This week your challenge is to use any, all or some of these limited supplies while making a monochromatic card:
  • Paper: One pattern of DSP (remember, monochromatic), one neutral and unlimited solid colors (but remember, monochromatic- so maybe all pink/reds or all shades of blues etc).
  • Stamps: 2 stamp sets required, one current and one retired.
  • Accessories: Any as long as they are all the same color!
I think I followed the rules! Although the silver brads might be pushing it. :)

Note: For the background I inked up my old retired French Script background with Whisper White craft ink and stamped on Old Olive cardstock. I then coated with Heat 'n Stick powder and heat set. To finish I then pour Fine Cosmo glitter over the extra sticky background, poured off the excess and heated again to set the glitter. I then layered on Chocolate Chip cardstock and added a silver brad to each corner.

The next layer is a piece of Bella Rose designer paper matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock and paper pierced. I added three 1/4" circles of old olive cardstock and set silver brads through each one. For the main image I stamped the Thanks a Bunch stamp from A Little Somethin' (a new hostess set) and die cut with a Circle Nestie. I mounted on a circle of Chocolate Chip that was die cut with a Petitte Scalloped Circle Nestie.

To finish I mounted the main layers together with dimensionals, tied a bow around the bottom and mounted on a Kiwi Kiss card base. Yes - I actually tied a BOW! I do not do that very often because it doesn't usually turn out very nice!

So what do you think? Wanna play along with the challenge? If you do - please visit the GSG blog and link your card! I would love to see your take on the challenge and I'm sure Kristin would too!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Somethin' Hostess set, French Script background (retired). Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bella Rose designer. Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic, Whisper White Craft. Other: Fine Cosmo glitter, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Heat 'n Stick powder, silver brads, 1/4" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Circle and Petitte Scalloped Circle Nesties (Spellbinders), dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. love it, Danielle! I'm off to play along after my workout. I think I'm doing greens too! Your card is fabulous, the bow looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a challenge she cooked up! You did great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is the best! Great job and thanks so much for playing along. I think your silver brads are just fine... seeing how I may have cheated a bit on my accessories too. Mine are Chocolate and Baja (oops!). I'm glad you found that it wasn't as hard as it sounded! Aren't monochromatic cards so nice to look at!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)