Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh Hoppy Frogs!

I'm back with yet another VSN card. I really really like how this one turned out. Of course it doesn't hurt that of all the slimy critters out there I think the frog is the coolest... just not that one that peed on me when I was removing it from my front door so it wouldn't be squished. Bad frog! BAD!

Quick notes: I inked up my new Hoppy For You stamp set to make this card for stampingout's VSN challenge (FEB09VSNI) to make a card using the Melted Crayon Technique. What a great challenge! I bought a box of crayons a long time ago to do this technique and well never did so this was the perfect opportunity! :)

To create the background I used the following Crayola Crayon colors: Sky Blue, Denim and Pacific Blue.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Hoppy For You. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, Old Olive, PTI Select White, Whisper White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive Classic, Copic markers. Other: Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon, brads (Basic Grey), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Crayola Crayons.

5 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute!! I wanted this set when I first got it and still haven't managed to get around to buying it - now I REALLY want it! Your card is adorable. Great job with the melted crayon technique too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle. This is just so gorgeous. Looks like I have to dust off the iron. And try and convince my 5 yr old DD to lend me her crayons ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)