Monday, February 23, 2009

Polka Dots and Damask

I have another VSN card for you (and more to share later). This one is for resqbarbie's VSN Challenge (FEB09VSNL) to make a card using inches... at least 3 of them.

Quick notes: I used the new Damask Designs stamp set from PTI (designed by the amazing Dawn McVey) and stamped in Riding Hood Red Classic ink on PTI Select white cardstock. I then stamped a second time over the first images using the Essential Glue Pad and added some fine crystal glitter. Nice and glittery!

Hmmm... I'm wondering if it would have been easier to cut the 1" squares first and then stamp? Instead I stamped and then cut. Of course a 1" square punch would be the easiest but I don't have one of those! :)

All images copyright PaperTrey Ink. Stamps: Damask Designs. Paper: PTI Select White, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, True Black Bitty Dot Basics (PTI). Ink: Riding Hood Red Classic, Whisper White Craft. Other: Essential Glue Pad (Tsukineko), rhinestones (KaiserCraft), eyelet border punch, true black swiss dot satin ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart).

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I just got this stamp set and can't wait to ink it up. I adore black and red and white together. Your card is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Dawn's fun stamp designs!! You did a great job with your card... FABALICIOUS lay-out, bling and the ribbon is YUM-O! Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)