Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Boxes of Goodness!

This week's Paper Pretties challenge is to make a quick and cute little box like the following:

I love making these little boxes when I need a quick holder for a small item or maybe some delicious chocolates (or some Smarties when I need a pure sugar kick). For my boxes I added a wire handle which is totally optional!

To make the box use the template below and the following directions:

1.) Start with an 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 piece of cardstock and score each side at 2 1/2.
2.) Then score at each corner diagonally. See picture for score lines.
3.) Fold the sides up and then fold the corners in and cross over each and secure with a jumbo eyelet or similar item (brad for example).

Alternate box sizes:
1.) Start with 8 1/4 square and score each side at 2 3/4.
2.) Start with 9 square and score each side at 3.
3.) Start with 12 square and score each side at 4.
Or any other size you can think of... just make sure the square is divisible by three! :)

How to Enter: make your card using the provided sketch and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC41.

Deadline: Wednesday, March 4th 12AM (EST)

Prize: $5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

The winner will be randomly selected from among the qualifying entrants and announced following Friday, March 6th.



Here is the diagram with lines indicating where to score! Have fun! I can't wait to see your little boxes and the fun goodies you fill them with!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Howdy Girlfriend. Paper: Parisian Breeze Specialty, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Melon Berry satin ribbon and vintage buttons (PTI), mat pack, paper piercier, silver jumbo eyelets, silver wire, linen thread, dimenisonals.

9 comments:

  1. OH how adorable, Danielle! I hope I have time to do this today! What an adorable box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about little boxes, but this one is SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love this! I am definitely going to have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!! Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this over at SCS Danielle and just wanted to come over how adorable your boxes are...thanks for the very detailed instructions. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This are absolutely adorable! Thanks for the quick tutorial and template pic. I never would have thought those would be that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Danielle! I remember last year you did a box like this and I made Easter boxes for my niece and nephew... so fun! Love the DP and your coloring ROCKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cute, thank you for posting the directions too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that was crafty! I love the way you used the wire through the jumbo eyelets. I love these little party favor like gifts. Thank you for sharing that crafty idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)