Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Challenge Time

Paper Pretties has moved their weekly challenges back to Thursdays! Not only that but we have tweaked the challenges to allow you to use any Paper Prettie stamps you want to qualify to win the prize!

This week's challenge is to use the following card sketch:

How to Enter: make your card using the provided sketch and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC38.

Deadline:
Wednesday, February 11th 12AM (EST)

Prize:
$5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

The winner will be randomly selected from among the qualifying entrants and announced Friday, February 13th.

* Just a note: if you do not have any Paper Pretties stamps but would like to play and use the challenge sketch, please feel free to do so! Maybe leave a link on this post so I can check out your fabulous work and leave a little love! :)

Now that you have seen the challenge would you like to see my sample? I thought so! I used the recently released to the public Gliding By Sophia.

After stamping Sophia I colored her with Copic markers, did some masking and then airbrushed the card stock around her with my airbrushing system and Copic markers B21 and B23. I inked the ice at the bottom with VersaMark, added Iridescent Ice embossing and heat set. I embellished the card with some brads, ribbon, buttons (yes, I sewed them onto the card) and a little bit of scalloped Creamy Caramel cardstock.

Now that I've shared my card I can't wait to see what you make with the sketch!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Gliding By Sophia (Paper Prettiers), Winter Wonder (Memory Box). Paper: Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy, PTI Select White, Bali Breeze designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, VersaMark. Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, brown brads (DoodleBug), Creamy Caramel gingham ribbon, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, buttons (Making Memories), linen thread, dimensionals, Scalopd Edge punch.

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Danielle! LOVE those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sketch and your sample is TO DIE FOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Loooooove your coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABALICIOUS girl! Just so pretty and I love your take on the lay-out challenge... Smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh is this gorgeous!! So nice Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)