Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Color Challenge



















This week's Paper Pretties challenge is Kraft-y one! That is a color combo using Kraft, White and a mystery color of your choosing! Although if you do not have Kraft you can substitute with another neutral or brown.

How to Enter: make your card using the provided color combo plus color of your choice and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC39.

Deadline:
Wednesday, February 18th 12AM (EST)

Prize:
$5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

The winner will be randomly selected from among the qualifying entrants and announced Friday, February 20th.

* Just a note: if you do not have any Paper Pretties stamps but would like to play and use the challenge sketch, please feel free to do so! Maybe leave a link on this post so I can check out your fabulous work and leave a little love! :)

Here is my sample for the challenge! I picked a light shade of yellow to complete my color combo!

Quick notes: I used one of the stamps from Sassy Circles to create a dotted background on a piece of Kraft cardstock with Whisper White Craft ink for my background. Then added a strip of Kraft colored designer paper and layered on So Saffron cardstock. A bit of paper piercing and rhinestones finished this layer.

For the focal point I stamped a sentiment from Look Who's Perky on PTI Select white cardstock and paper pierced. I then stamped one of the cups from the same set, colored with Copic markers and trimmed. To finish I punched an oval from So Saffron cardstock and assembled all of the layers together with dimensional foam dots. Add a couple of rhinestones and affixed to the Kraft layer with yet more dimensionals. I then added some ribbon and tied it into a bow over the main image. The last step was just using more dimensionals to adhere the piece to a card base made from PTI Select white cardstock.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sassy Circles, Look Who's Perky. Paper: Kraft, PTI Select White, So Saffron, Kraft from designer Patterns Pack. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Lemon Tart saddle stitch ribbon (PTI), wide oval punch, adhesive rhinestones (KaiserCraft), dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic challenge Danielle!! I love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice love the colors so simple yet so pretty
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun challenge. I love kraft so this will be easy. I'll have to play later. the yellow looks great on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)